Spring 2021 Testing Center Information
Student Access Center staff will be available for protoring within the following parameters:
- Operating hours will be 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The SAC Testing Center can only proctor exams that are being administered to the rest of the class in-person.
- If you are administering in-person exams and wish for your students to be proctored in the SAC Testing Center, please refer to the testing agreement in the accommodation notice for additional details.
- If your exam is be given online, students with testing accommodations will also take the exam online. If you need assistance extending the time on exams in Blackboard, you may contact our office or https://blackboard.ku.edu/support.
- Questions may be directed to SACTesting@ku.edu.
PROVIDING EXAM ACCOMMODATIONS
Individual faculty and staff have a legal responsibility to make sure that each course or activity, when viewed in its entirety, is accessible. The administration of examinations is the responsibility of the faculty and course instructors. Students with disabilities/medical conditions may require accommodations to ensure they have equal access to the examination process. Faculty may choose to provide accommodations on exams, or to collaborate with the Student Access Center to administer accommodated exams in the UASC Testing Center. For more information on how these exams are accommodated, please consult the Exam Accommodations Procedures page. Additional information specific to faculty members is available below.
Before the Exam
- Students seeking accommodations must complete two steps to initiate the test request process:
- Present their instructor with an Accommodation Notification form signed by Student Access Center staff, which indicates which accommodations a student is eligible for, and return the signed copy to Student Access Center.
- Submit an online Test Accommodations Request Form with at least three business days’ notice.* Once they have done so, the instructor will be contacted by the Student Access Center (SAC). If a student fails to provide our office with proper notice of an exam, we cannot guarantee a seat in our Testing Center.
- Instructors must submit a Testing Preferences and Instructions Form to the Student Access Center before we can administer an exam on their behalf. This form, which you can request here, communicates to SAC the following information:
- Instructions for and format of the exam and approved aids (calculator, dictionary, notes, etc.)
- How the proctor can contact the instructor with a student question during the exam
- Departmental office location for exam delivery
- Two to three business days before the exam, you will receive a confirmation via email from the Student Access Center, requesting that you provide a copy of the exam (and any supporting materials, such as tables, charts, formulas sheets, etc.). These can be emailed to SACtesting@ku.edu or dropped off in our main office in Room 22 Strong Hall. Exams should NEVER be sent via campus mail.
* Accommodations for final exams must be scheduled by ten business days before the last day of classes, and all exam conflicts must be worked out by then. Please double-check the final exam schedule here before posting the date and time, as incorrect information can cause major problems in scheduling accommodations for final exams.
During the Exam
- Students will be supervised at all times by the SAC Staff. Faculty-provided instructions will be adhered to closely and time limits will be strictly enforced.
- It is the instructor’s responsibility to communicate to the SAC any changes or corrections made to the exam after the beginning of the regularly scheduled exam.
- Faculty are always welcome to visit the Testing Center to check in with students or deliver additional information during exams, but should be aware that other exams may be in progress during that time.
After the Exam
- Instructors may collect completed exams from our main office in Room 22 Strong Hall after they are complete or have them delivered to their departmental office. A signature is required upon delivery of all exams and since exact delivery time cannot be guaranteed, we ask that instructors not request delivery to their faculty office.
- All exams that are completed before noon will be delivered by the end of the same business day. Exams completed after noon will be returned by noon the following business day.
- We DO NOT deliver exams via campus or federal mail. If you have questions about alternative methods of delivery, please contact the Testing Coordinator at SACtesting@ku.edu
- Exams will always be scheduled for the same time they are administered to the class, except when extended time creates a conflict with another KU course, or when the instructor has given explicit permission for another start time.
- All regular semester quizzes and exams administered in the University Academic Support Center Testing Center are administered between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Final exams given during final exam week are administered 7:30 a.m.-10:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on Friday.
- The Student Access Center coordinates some online exams directly with the Center for Online and Distance Learning. For questions about whether CODL will be handling your exam accommodations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Missed exams can be rescheduled with the Student Access Center only if:
- The student contacted their instructor and the SAC before the exam, and
- The instructor has granted permission to reschedule the exam and provided a deadline for rescheduling the exam
- In some cases, the Student Access Center may be able to locate a scribe for exams for students with temporary impairments. Please contact SACtesting@ku.edu for more information.