UASC Access Online is now LIVE
UASC-Student Access Center is pleased to announce accommodation notification processes are now managed electronically through UASC Access Online. The system has these efficiency features to expedite the accommodation processes:
- Rather than KU students presenting paper accommodation forms to their instructors for signature, accommodation notification forms will be sent to instructors electronically. Students are still encouraged to speak with their instructors regarding their accommodations and course expectations.
- Students will submit their requests for testing in the UASC Testing Center through UASC Access Online and instructors will be able to upload their exams through the secure faculty portal. Exams may be returned to instructors through the portal as well. Instructors may still deliver their exams to the UASC office and have them returned in person.
- Instructors will have two methods for monitoring their students’ accommodation processes. One method will be in the form of email notification and the second is through a faculty portal, which may be accessed through the Instructor Login page found here: http://access.ku.edu.
- When instructors receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, they will find an accommodation letter (example at the bottom of this page) indicating the name of the student, their accommodations, and in a red box, a request for the instructor to complete and submit an Alternative Testing Contract.
- For a step-by-step guide on how to use your instructor dashboard in Access Online, click here (pdf). For tips on how to manage your UASC/SAC emails in Outlook, click here.
IF THE UASC IS TO PROCTOR AN INSTRUCTOR’S EXAMS, IT IS IMPERATIVE THE INSTRUCTOR COMPLETE THIS CONTRACT OR THE TEST SCHEDULING SYSTEM WILL NOT FUNCTION.
- If the instructor manages their own accommodated exams they will check a box to confirm they will proctor their own exams.
- If an instructor does not administer exams in their course, they will not need to complete and submit the contract.
UASC-Student Access Center staff members are offering to schedule time with departments and assist faculty in learning how to use the UASC Access Online software. Contact UASC at email@example.com or call 864-4064 and request assistance. Videos and updated instruction guides are in development and will be added to the UASC-Student Access Center Faculty Center throughout the spring semester.
Again, we are excited to transition our accommodation notification processes to this new electronic format, and we hope you find them beneficial! Let us know if you have questions or concerns.
UASC - Student Access Center
EXAMPLE EMAIL TO FACULTY:
The Faculty Center serves as a central hub designed to provide faculty with essential information about academic accommodations and services available for students with disabilities at the University of Kansas. Hopefully, it will assist in understanding the needs of students with disabilities and provide information about services, policies, and procedures. In addition, it can serve as a guide to assisting and integrating these students into the classroom so that they can have access to classroom instruction.