• Home
  • Student Center
  • Injuries


Students with temporary injuries having difficulty with academic tasks, such as taking tests, taking notes, or getting around campus, should contact the Academic Achievement and Access Center (AAAC) for assistance. In order to get help, submit documentation of your injury. It can be a note or letter from your doctor or hospital discharge papers that states the injury and duration. As soon as that information is received by the AAAC, we will reach out to you by phone or email to schedule an intake appointment. Students with temporary injuries may be able to use JayLift Paratransit, in class note-taking assistance and scribes for exams. Some injuries can create emergency situations with academics before an intake can be scheduled, here are some suggestions for immediate assistance:

  • Contact your instructors letting them know of your situation (in person or email)
  • Ask a friend to take notes for you
  • Ask the TA to summarize what you’ve missed

Quick Links

Icon that reads "Apply Here: New Student Application." Clickable link to apply for accommodations.

Icon that reads "Access Online: Registered Student Login." Clickable link leading to Access Online.

Icon that reads "Instructor Login." Clickable link to the Access Online portal for instructors.

Access Online

New to Access Online? Need the quick-start on requesting accommodations? View our step-by-step guide (.pdf) or visit our video tutorials page!


Coaching Advertisement

Follow the AAAC

Facebook     Instagram

KU Today
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times