If you are a student with a disability and registered with the AAAC, you are able to schedule your appointments online using My Success. My Success gives you 24/7 access to your specialist’s calendar and the ability to easily make an appointments at your pace, even outside of our office hours. If you don’t see your access specialist’s name in your My Success Community, or you have yet to register with the AAAC, please call the office to make an appointment.
Here is a step-by-step guide to scheduling an appointment with an access specialist using My Success.
- Log into your myKU Portal
- On the left side dashboard under “Academics” click on “My Progress”
- Click on “Academics”
- Click on “Make an advising appointment”
- You will then be directed to the MySuccess portal
- While in MySuccess portal click on "MySuccess Network" and then select "Show people in this term"
- Scroll to see your access specialist's name and click on "Schedule Appointment"
If you receive a login error please open up a different web browser and try again or you can also access MySuccess through Blackboard and then follow steps 5-7 upon clicking on MySuccess in the left side under "tools."
Please view the MySuccess website for further instructions on how to schedule an appointment online.
Appointment Email Reminders
You are able to get automatic email or even text appointment reminders if you schedule your appointment online through MySuccess! To do so you will need to set up your profile in your MySuccess portal. We highly recommend and encourage for you to have this feature set up to receive appointment reminders. Below are directions on how to do so:
- Log into your myKU portal
- Click on "MySuccess" under "Academics" on the left side dashboard
- Click MySuccess Portal
- In your Home page on the top right click on your name
- Fill our your Contact Information please include your Name as the Login tab, KU Email in the Institutional Email tab and your Cell Phone in the Phone tab (Not the Cell Phone tab). We would like you to include your phone number so we are able to call your incase we need to reschedule your appointment.
- Fill our the bottom portion under Weekly Updates. Set your Reminder Preferences to Email me at 5:00pm the day before an appointment. This will allow an email be sent to you well in advance so you remember your appointment. You can also choose to have an email sent to you 15-60 minutes before your appointment.
- Click Submit
- You can also link a notification to your Facebook or Cell Phone to receive a text message reminder.
Below is a picture of what it will look like when setting up your profile. You can also view a video on how to set up your profile through the MySuccess website